EXCELLENT NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR FINANCIAL ANALYST – £25-30K – YORK OUTSKIRTS
This role is to support the Commercial Finance Managers and Ebor Business Partner. It both supports and challenges the business through the creation of value adding insight and analysis.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, it offers opportunities for commercial experience, influencing decision making and cross functional working.
The role suits a commercially-minded finance or analyst professional, who is excited by the opportunity of joining a successful business at a pivotal time in its growth. For a dynamic and self-motivated individual, this role offers exceptional opportunities to develop stakeholder management and commercial finance experience in industry.
Preparation of Management Information –
Produce accurate and insightful reporting packs, ad hoc analysis and scenario modelling to analyse sales performance and margins to support and challenge the Trading and Retail teams.
Ongoing development of MI and analysis –
Assist in the development of the new reporting suites, building excel models, KPI packs, using a variety of data sources including data warehouses, financial ledgers and planning systems
Support a strong financial control culture –
Assist in embedding strong financial controls within both the trading and retail teams, supporting with calculations and reconciliations where required – e.g. to claim retrospective income, investigating price errors, forecasting return on investment
Develop processes –
Design and propose new processes for the Franchise area of the business and work with IT to build efficient and robust solutions.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
– Graduate calibre, part-qualified accountant or analytical and excel modelling experience
– Strong MS Excel skills, honed in an environment of operating and interrogating complex financial models
– Robust, enthusiastic and proactive in setting own agenda and driving results in a fast paced environment
– Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business and their implications for decision-makers
– Proven ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues
– Proficient in co-ordinating work between multiple stakeholders and deliver information to exacting deadlines with attention to detail
– Excellent verbal and written communication style and a proven ability to influence a variety of senior stakeholders
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
-Strong commercial background, gained either via an industry route (ideally Retail or FMCG sectors)
-Experience of developing processes and associated IT solutions
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE SEND YOUR UP-TO-DATE CV TO JAKE.STANLEY@CHARTERHOUSERECRUITMENT.CO.UK OR CAL 01904 629009 FOR MORE INFO TODAY!!
Hours: Full Time
Sector: Accountancy & Finance